Star Achievement Series® Level I Workshop
Four Module Workshop – Starts Spring 2017
The Star Achievement Series® training program consists of three Levels of learning. Each Level consists of 4 full day modules (Workshops), conveniently spread out one day every 3 weeks. The Levels do not correlate to the number of years someone has been in the profession. The Levels relate to concepts and philosophies taught in Star Achievement®, similar to college courses.
This outstanding series has helped thousands of executive administrators advance both their careers and professional relationships with their executives and supervisors. The results will be immediate, and the subject matter will offer solutions that are real world and practical. Here is a glimpse of the program content:
Level I, Module 1 (Attitude) Starts Spring 2017
Be A Star Achiever™
Your attitude is fragile and delicate. It can easily be broken by poor self-image or become hard and cold. Your attitude is also susceptible to outside forces such as family, co-workers and society. Attitudes are an important basis for our health, relationships and performance. Your attitude can greatly affect your work and productivity. If you are busy feeling hurt, angry, or put down, you cannot do your job. Therefore, it is important to guard and protect your attitude. It is your most important asset.
You Will Learn to:
- “Choose” the attitude you want to embrace
- Achieve and maintain a positive attitude about your employers, co-workers, customers and self
- Focus on self change vs. changing others
- Overcome intimidating situations or people
- Recognize and conquer fears that hold you back from progressing in your job
- Accept criticism as a tool to grow
- Deal with difficult people in a tactful and professional manner
Level I, Module 2 (Skill)
Star Achieving Techniques™
In today’s work environment, it is not good enough to be just good at the basics. You must be brilliant at the basics. Core business skills, such as communication and project management, are the foundation on which star-performing employees are built. Today’s office environment is busier than ever before. Almost all employees are managing more projects and juggling priorities with increased pressure for quality work. Knowing one’s strengths and areas for growth along with upgrading fundamental skills are paramount in today’s fast-paced office.
You Will Learn To:
- Embrace the Star Achievement philosophy
- Assess current skill level and identify areas for growth
- Record winning personal voice mail messages
- Leave succinct voice mail messages
- Write effective emails
- Cut the length of phone calls by about 40%
- Tap into another person’s communication style to build rapport
- Execute and facilitate successful meetings
- Manage and prioritize tasks
- Challenge present processes that no longer work
Level I, Module 3 (Team)
Building a Star Partnership™
Managers rely on their staff for everything from project follow-through to ensuring internal and external customers are served appropriately. A manager’s daily effectiveness is increased or decreased depending on the staffs’ skill, knowledge and ability. Employees are dependent on managers to provide clear, specific direction. They need managers to communicate the expectations so they can meet those expectations. Star teams don’t just happen overnight. They are created. Most often, the responsibility for building a stellar team is placed upon the administrative professional.
You Will Learn To:
- Embrace the qualities of good team players
- Be a good team player
- Clarify your manager’s expectations and perceptions
- Communicate accurate, timely and relevant information
- Initiate conversation with your manager
- Explore hidden communication and the effects on the team relationship
- Give positive feedback to your manager
- Listen, not just hear
Level I, Module 4 (Strategy) Starts Monday, September 12, 2016
Good skills, a positive attitude, and building team relationships are great beginnings to being a star achiever. There is one more piece to reaching stardom – having a strategy for actualizing your professional self. It is your responsibility to set your career goals, build networks to help you achieve those goals, and reflect a professional image. In today’s competitive marketplace, when you might be equal in skills and attitude to others, what will give you the competitive edge? What will make you stand out, shine and be different?
You Will Learn To:
- Navigate your career through goal setting
- Align professional goals with company and department goals
- Turn obstacles into opportunities
- Cultivate internal and external networks – Contacts Count!
- Expand your network
- Get your talents noticed at work
- Present a powerful professional image
- Enhance credibility through visible presentation
About the Courses
The entire series consists of interactive workshops to assist participants in learning by doing, and have a maximum class size of 25 allowing for individualized attention. Each level and module is designed to get the participants to think on their own, while giving them new strategies and techniques they can implement immediately.
Conducted by CEO Assistants who understand what is needed to be successful in their profession, the program can be custom tailored to your company needs, and held on-campus or off.
Workshops take place over a 4 day period conducted once every 3 weeks to lessen the impact of time away from work.
Corporate discounts available for 3 or more attending from the same company. For details: PHONE: 866-402-8921 ext 101 or EMAIL: services@AdminUniverse.com